Monday, March 28, 2011

Meet Rebekah

 Rebekah Westover

We interrupt our TPWMP updates for a very important cause ...

You MUST meet Rebekah Westover. You know, of Rebekah Westover Photography

Since she's the one behind the lens of our lovely 2011 spring cover bride, our hope is that you already know her. But the goal here today is to make that hope a reality.

So to help you meet cute, Utah Valley Bride "took five" with Rebekah and zoomed in on what she loves about photographing weddings. Read her answers and then enjoy three shots of her dearly beloved work.

Trust us. It's nice to meet her.

1. How long have you been photographing weddings?
Seven years.

2. How did you get interested in wedding photography?
I have loved photography since I was a kid. When all of my friends started getting married I became very interested in wedding photography. I love photographing weddings because it encapsulates so many great aspects of photography ... design, beauty, travel, fashion, photojournalism, fine art and portraits. Getting to photograph such a happy time in someone's life is a privilege and SO fun!
 
3. Favorite season to shoot in?
Fall. I love the colors and I love the light during that time of year.

4. Favorite memory from a wedding you shot?
I recently photographed a wedding at Sundance. The bride and groom were high school sweethearts and so in love. During their ceremony when they were reading their vows, I became all teary-eyed because their words to each other were so sweet. I love weddings like that — when it's about a couple's LOVE for each other ... not about the whole production of the wedding.

5. What makes the bridal industry in Utah so fabulous?
I love that wedding vendors here are friends and help each other out.



PHOTOS BY Rebekah Westover Photography (www.rebekahwestover.com)

1 comment: